Friday, March 30, 2012

Cloth Diapers Vs. Disposables

So my husband and I decided to go with cloth diapers to save money. I decided to research just how much we would save by doing this and it turns out the savings are in the thousands!!! We decided to go with the All In One snap diapers so they fit from birth to potty training. In my research I found that the only negative thing that people really had to say was that it add extra laundry and that you really have to keep up with it or they smell up the house, and so far I have to say I LOVE them!!! They do add a bit of laundry to the To Do List, but it is totally worth it! You don't encounter those awful messy explosion diapers, and if you have to go in the car for a while without stopping they do not leak all over if they mess more than once! It was a bit of a start up cost, but once you have the diapers all you pay for is detergent and water which, when you use coupons for the detergent, really is hardly any cost at all! I have decided to put a bit of extra work into cloth diapering by keeping the diapers as stain free as possible, but overall they are far easier than I expected, and I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is willing to try them! So far I have tried a few different brands, but no particular favorites as of yet. And I have found that going on Ebay saved on the initial cost to start cloth diapers significantly, although some of them come from China so there is a couple weeks for waiting, but you can save up to at least 1/2 the cost per diaper by doing it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment